Viral Transport Medium VTM, 3ml fill, Swabs sold separately, order by the package of 20
Intended use: Hardy Diagnostics Viral Transport Medium is recommended for the collection and transport of clinical specimens for the recovery of viral agents including, but not limited to, Herpes Simplex Type I, Herpes Simplex Type II, Cytomegalovirus (CMV), Influenza A, Influenza B, Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Echovirus, Adenovirus, etc.
Storage: While the optimal long term storage temperature has been determined to be 2-8C; due to the COVID-19 pandemic, recent internal studies have supported that the media can be stored at room temperature (RT) for up to thirty days without decreased performance. Data permitting, the length of RT storage shall continue to be extended as the realtime findings are collected, and timely updated in this IFU.
CAPACITY: 18k Units Per Week.
- : Insert swab into the nostril parallel to the palate. Leave the swab in place for a few seconds to absorb secretions.
Oropharyngeal swabs (e.g. throat swabs): Swab the posterior pharynx, avoiding the tongue.
Types of swabs that can be used:
- Minitip for Nasopharyngeal
- Standard tip for oropharyngeal
- Dacron, Rayon, or synthetic flocked swabs are acceptable
- No wooden shaft, calcium alginate, or cotton swabs as these can interfere with PCR or inactivate some viruses